Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2016

Otherlife Awakenings: July Update

Good evening everyone,

Awakenings is moving at a great pace right now. It's currently sitting at 68,000 words. For comparison, Nightmares was a total of 120,000 words.

Many a late night writing away in the wee hours of the morning. That and bothering people on Facebook for opinions when I hit a story snag.

Otherlife Nightmares seems to have done pretty well. By and large most people enjoy it. Admittedly it's quite a bit darker than the first story, but what is growth without conflict? :)

As I continue to work at closing this trilogy I begin to consider what I shall write next. I think when the time comes I may post a chapter 1 and back of book blurb for each of the two stories and see what people's opinions are on the matter.

Before I close, a question has come up repeatedly that I felt would be worth answering here as well.

Runner's world isn't over.

Just this trilogy.

I do plan on returning to that world in other stories. Both from Runner's POV and other's. I just felt the need to tell a different story first.

Other than that, I hope you all have a fun and safe fourth of July.

6 comments:

  1. I have 2 questions if you don't mind; Will we be seeing an audiobook for Otherlife nightmares anytime soon (hopefully read by James Hays)?
    My second question is probably one you gotten oodles of, what game/games did you get your inspiration from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1: I'm working with the narrator of the first book as we speak. We're hopeful to have this moving along relatively soon :)

      2: Everquest and Dungeons and Dragons primarily. A little bit of WoW and other things.

      Honestly, alot of it is just... late night ideas and thoughts.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome news. Otherlife dream was such a pleasant suprise when I stumbled upon it. Can't wait to hear the second when it comes out. Book one is easily in my top 10 audiobooks of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering I have played rpgs for years and played rpg (books) before that... to finally stumble upon a litrpg like this is amazing. I love the idea of bringing in the GM side from the old days. Can't wait for the third book.. As well as any stories in this world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit I plan on doing more than just 1 trilogy.

      Delete